Having looked at all that came before, all that resides within and all that stands in front of you, you can gaze from wholeness on what lies ahead. Gifting yourself a bit of space and time, let the vision of next year begin to emerge. Let it begin gently. Let it begin with intention. Let it begin.
- Review everything you have written about or thought about in this series: last year, yourself, your child.
- Close your eyes and make a wish for your upcoming homeschool year.
- Write down your wish and keep it somewhere safe.
Embrace where you are, and envision where you want to be. Holding that space, invite a word or an image to guide you during the coming year. Be open to what arises and present to how it makes you feel. Whether a whisper or a shout, claim it. Your heart has spoken. Listen to what it has to say.
- Mark Nepo on wonder.
- When your thoughts consume you, read this.
- “A Morning Offering” by John O’Donohue.
- Brené Brown is a visionary. Listening to her inspires change and courage in me.
- The quotation under the photo above comes from this poem by David Whyte.