Welcome to our first link up here at Sure as the World. This month’s theme is “Getting Started with Homeschooling.” Please leave links in the comment section to your best advice for those who are just beginning down the path of homeschooling. (And really, doesn’t everyone feel like a beginner in January?!xx I know I do! What a wacky month.)
- This is my all-time favorite advice for getting starting (or re-started as the case may be). It is simple and doable.
- Here is a list of 11 items I find essential for homeschooling.
- Some advice from me in our local newspaper.
Waldorf-inspired Homeschooling Basics:
- Waldorf Starter Kit
- Wet-on-Wet Watercolor Painting
- Waldorf Art Supplies
- What Waldorf looks like (and doesn’t look like) in my home.
- My journey with Waldorf
- When to start grade 1
Some Advice about Coming to Waldorf “Late”:
- My first year with Waldorf
- My second year with Waldorf
- My third year with Waldorf (part 1 and part 2)
- Getting Started with Waldorf
- Where do I go now? This from Carrie, but it is what I needed to hear when I first came to Waldorf. If you have a precocious child, read it and see what you think.
Check out These Links from other Bloggers:
- From Brenna: Now that I’m a veteran homeschooler of one and a half years (ahem!), it was a pleasure to think back on my process of discovering Waldorf homeschooling and those shaky, exciting early days. Here’s my post: http://storymama.typepad.com/storymama/2014/01/playing-teacher.html
- From Donna: I am trying to be brave by sharing a few tentative thoughts after a very long blogging break. http://islandinthegrove.blogspot.com/2014/01/beginning.html
- From Jean: I have an article on my website “Just Getting Started?” here:http://waldorfinspiredlearning.com/resources/just-getting-started/
- And so true, don’t we all feel like beginners in January? For me, it’s always been a month of second guessing my decisions! My Simplicity Sundays post today is about fully committing to our choices. http://waldorfinspiredlearning.com/the-moment-one-definitely-commits/